How’s your day going?
Mine’s been okay. I had three tests and I had to turn in an essay.
Okay. I’ve never done a blog post like this before, so please bear with me.
Why Cursing Isn’t Okay
Before I get into this little rant, remember that this is my personal opinion and whatever I say here on my blog stays on my blog. ( and the WordPress Reader, but let’s not get technical)
Cursing is never okay. But somewhere along the lines, people got the idea that cursing and using profanity was a part of our “culture”. Here are the reasons that I think cursing shouldn’t be tolerated at school or anywhere where other people may feel uncomfortable.
* I got some inspiration from this little website- right here
- A lot of kids curse at my school, in classrooms, and just in society in general. And I don’t know about you, but when I hear my fellow classmates swear, I think of them as a bit unintelligent and lazy. I say lazy because it seems like they couldn’t think of any other phrase other than the four letter word that rhymes with luck.
- Another reason I can’t stand cursing is very simple. It’s disgusting. I mean, would you rather hang out with someone who comes up to you and says, ” Hi, how’s your day?” or, ” What’s up dumb- word that rhymes with bass.” I would rather hang out or have a conversation with the first option.
- Next, I think that people who curse feel that they’re way better than everyone else because they don’t care if there are people around them who feel uncomfortable with that type of language.
- Lastly, I feel that using God’s name in vain just isn’t right! And no, I’m not talking about when people say OMG, because they’re not really being offensive. I’m talking about when people say some other VERY rude things.
Thank you for sticking around to hear this little rant! Please don’t feel offended or targeted, this is just a message for people in general. Yes, I know that sometimes we slip up, and that’s fine as long as you take it back or try hard not to do it again.
Btw, I’m still waiting for more people to participate in my Fall Photography Contest so I can announce the teams 😋.